Please join us for our final sale before the March catalogue auction where we will be offering over eight quality estates and collections. There is sure to be something unique and special for everyone!
Click here for hundreds of Photographs and Descriptions
Leland Little Auction & Estate Sales, Ltd. Auction Gallery
Sale Dates & Times:
Estate Treasures Auction
Saturday, February 23, 2013, 11:00 A.M.
Silver – 11:00 A.M.
Asian & Chinoiserie – 1:00 P.M.
Jewelry & Couture – 2:00 P.M.
Art Glass & Depression Glass – 4:00 P.M.
Featured Estates & Collections
From the Estate of Captain Benjamin Soule Gantz and Ethyle Offutt Gantz, Shanghai, China and Washington, D.C.
Dunscomb-Phillips Family, Memphis, TN
Elizabeth Harrington of Sarasota, FL
From the living estate of Kristen & Drew Hensley of Raleigh, NC
Silver from the Collection of Robert & Barbara Freeman of Pinehurst, NC and Sarasota, FL
Private Collection, Raleigh, NC
From the deceased estate of Retired Colonel “Pappy” Leland Martin, Ridgeway, VA
From the Estate of Leonora Hornblow, New York, NY
Friday, February 22, 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Saturday, February 23, 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
-Catering provided by The Wooden Nickel of Hillsborough, NC.
-Public Wi-Fi is provided for your convenience.
No Reserves. All sales subject to the terms & conditions of sale. Cash, check, Visa, MC, AX, and Discover. 13% buyer’s premium. 3% discount for cash/check. 7% NC tax. NCFL#7452
Photos and Additional Lot Information:
We add new photos and descriptions every day, so please check back often! If you have any questions regarding specific items, please do not hesitate to contact us for additional assistance.
1. Surveyor's Level
early 20th century on tripod wood stand
2. Large Brass Decorator Mirror
3. Period Arts and Crafts Oak Bookcase
with unusual open bracket side panels, some broken glass, unable to find a signature
4. 19th Century English Server
on Hepplewhite legs, pencil inlays, brass gallery
5. Mid Century Wicker Bar & Stools
the bar with two shelves is collapsible, circa 1960.
6. Mahogany and Leather Bed-Step Table
marked on bottom
7. Hollywood Regency Nesting Tables
with tapered legs, brass accents, one side table with four folding circular drop leaf tables, glass top
8. Unusual Barley Twist Adjustable Floor Lamp
9. Large Carved and Painted Wood Decorator Lamp
with matching carved wood finial and painted shade
10. Henkel Harris Mahogany Double Mirrored Bureau
signed on reverse of mirrors and in drawer, in good condition, part of matching suite, to be sold separately.
detail of mark to back of mirror
11. Henkel Harris King Size Rice Carved Bed
with carved finials and brass bolt caps, central support rail, good condition, part of matching suite, to be sold separately.
12. Henkel Harris Mahogany Tall Chest
three over two over four graduated drawers, raised on bracket feet, signed Henkel Harris, part of matching bedroom suite, to be sold separately.
detail of mark inside drawer
13. French Country Arm Chair
upholstered cushion back and rush bottom, turned stretcher base.
14. 19th Century French Country Work Table
with handsome shaped drawer, raised on tall tapered legs
15. Marble Top Bachelor's Chest
ogee molding, three drawers raised on bracket feet with pink veined marble top
detail of marble top
16. French-Sheraton Style Window Bench
with pink plaid upholstery
17. Antique French Country Wardrobe
one door, with simple carvings to top and bottom with shaped skirt
detail of shelved interior with one drawer.
18. Set of 8 French Country Upholstered Dining Chairs
curved backs, with carved seat rail, raised on cabriole legs with stretcher base.
detail of single chair
19. Baker French Country Expansion Dining Table
with carved skirt and cabriole legs, with metal Baker Furniture tag to underside
detail of label to underside of table
20. NeoClassical Dresser
contemporary 12 drawer dresser with Corinthian column details and lion's head pulls, purchased from Otto Zenke
21. Pair of Painted Louis XV Style Side Chairs
with cane back and seats, raised on cabriole legs
22. Louis XVI Style Fauteuil
raised on fluted legs, painted frame
23. Louis XV Style Fauteuil
with damask upholstery
24. Butler's Coffee Table by Bombay Company
25. Continental Carved Wood Wall Shelf
large demilune wall shelf with carved gilt and composition
26. Large Mexican Pottery Horse
27. 19th Century Pierced Brass Fire Fender
28. Large Mexican Pottery Fish Sculpture
29. Large Mexican Pottery Wall Charger
30. Drexel Adjustable Book Stand
detail of Drexel label
31. Expansion Trestle Table
with two folding leaves to form either a sofa table or dining table
detail of one leaf open
32. Antique English Windsor Arm Chair
33. 19th Century Faux Grain Painted Lock Box
34. 19th Century English Bow Front Chest
two over three, mahogany veneers, shaped skirt
35. 20th Century Continental Console Table
with shell carved skirt, cabriole legs with drake feet.
36. Edwardian Mahogany Server
with bow front, carved skirt, central drawer, raised on six fluted legs. Retailed by Chas. S. Bell & Co. of Greensboro.
label to drawer
37. 19th Century Appalachian Style Side Chair
with original dark paint and splint seat
38. Large Mexican Pottery Owl Statue
39. Large French Architectural Panel with Rococo Style Relief Carving
wood and painted composition
40. Carved and Gilt Continental Frame
41. Vintage English Mythological Needlepoint
mixed petit-point and needlepoint
42. Framed English Needlework
43. Small Gilt Continental Frame
44. Large French Console Mirror
45. Framed English Needlework
46. Large Continental Wall Mirror
48. Pair of French Style Metal Twin Beds
20th century, bolt rails, sold as a set with matching curtain rods.
49. Custom Hepplewhite Style Sideboard
serpentine form, 20th century, mahogany, mahogany veneers with string inlay, top edge decorated with an unusual light and dark wood running ribbon inlay, each door and drawer cornered with quarter fan inlay, straight tapered legs with bellflowers; 40.5 x 71 x 25.5 in.; minor surface scuffs; overall very good estate condition.
50. Edwardian Davenport Desk
with leather lift top, and inlays
51. Continental Serpentine Front Rococo Revival Cabinet / Linen Press
late 19th century, flame mahogany veneers, one drawer over two doors over one drawer, likely missing top element.
52. Aesthetic Period English Corner Cabinet
with beveled glass doors and mirrors, with detailed carvings and delicate legs
53. Victorian Fainting Sofa
54. English Barley Twist Pub Table
detail of top
55. Set of 6 English Oak Barley Twist Dining Chairs
56. Unusual Marble Top Victorian Night Stand
with burl walnut veneers and marble top
57. Carved Teak Work Stand
20th century, Indonesian, lift top opens to reveal a removable divided tray with storage below, three lower drawers.
58. Diminutive Oak Bow Front Display Cabinet
missing side panels of glass
59. Edwardian Inlaid Mahogany Corner Chair
60. American Renaissance Revival Gentleman's Lounging Chair
heavily carved with winged griffins under armrests, raised on casters
61. Antique Iron Base Ice Cream Parlor Table
with wooden top
62. Burl Walnut Lingerie Chest
two part form with pull out dressing slide
63. Oak S-Roll Top Desk
three part form
64. Arts and Crafts Marble Top Wash Stand
with tile insert to back splash
65. Barley Twist Wood Floor Lamp
66. Cheval Mirror
67. Four Panel Indonesian Carved Wood Screen
68. OOC Still Life with Roman Helmet Signed "du Mont"
69. Mid Century Oil Painting of Owl
artist signed Marque
70. Oil on Canvas Portrait after Rembrandt
20th century, in carved and composition frame
71. Enamel on Copper Portrait of Woman with Flowers
artist signed lower right
72. Louise Trenton (TX), Texas Landscape
oil on canvas, signed and dated 2003.
73. European Brass Rubbing of a Medieval Tomb
74. European Brass Rubbing of a Medieval Tomb
75. Unusual European Brass Rubbing of a Medieval Tomb
20th century, Skeleton form
76. European Brass Rubbing of a Medieval Tomb
77. European Brass Rubbing of a Medieval Tomb
78. European Brass Rubbing of a Medieval Tomb
79. European Brass Rubbing of a Medieval Tomb
80. European Brass Rubbing of a Medieval Tomb
81. Louis XVI Style Writing Desk
fluted legs, brass details
82. Set of 6 Antique Transitional Dining Chairs
pierced backs, slip seats
83. Large French Country Fauteuil
shaped back, cabriole legs, loose seat cushion
84. Set of 8 Classical Dining Chairs
pierced and carved back supports featuring facing swans with gilt detail, saber legs, the set includes two arm chairs with graceful scroll arms.
detail of single arm chair
85. Hepplewhite Style Work Table
86. Pair of Louis XV Style Fauteuils
painted and gilt wood chairs with Chinoiserie style upholstery
87. Chippendale Fall Front Desk, circa 1800
fall front with interior compartments, four graduated drawers, raised on bracket feet
detail of interior
88. Fine Leather Upholstered Louis XV Style Gentleman's Club Chair
shaped and open arm supports, wings to each side of chair, with brass nail head trim, carved cabriole legs
89. Painted and Gilt French Console Mirror
90. M. Fox Oil Painting
in the manner of Mary Cassatt
detail of signature M. Fox
92. Dainty French Lady's Vanity Chair
pierced basket of flowers back support, raised on four fluted and tapered legs, with slip cushion seat.
93. Unusual Victorian Balloon Back Rocker
with needlepoint upholstery
94. Carved and Painted Wood Native American Statue
95. Victorian Platform Rocker
with cane back and seat
97. Adam's Style Lady's Vanity
satin woods with carved cabriole legs, painted decoration, kidney shape.
1001. Tri-Colored Gold Puzzle Ring
consisting of (9) gold ribbed narrow bands of (3) each of yellow, rose, and white gold, stamped 750 and marked "299MU"; ring size 6, approximately 3.9 dwt.
1002. Gold and Citrine Ring
centering on a step cushion cut citrine in a four-prong setting with tapering shank having flower head decoration to shoulder. Ring size 6.5. Approximately 3.1 dwt.
1003. Gold and Carnelilan Intaglio Ring
set within a gold bezel surround is the profile of a Roman warrior, stamped 14KT, ring size 6, approximately 2.7 dwt.
1004. Gold Hoop Earrings
of ribbed texture with post backs, unmarked but test 18KT, .75 in.; approximately 6.2 dwt.
Additional Text Descriptions: